The role of the cantor is to provide good leadership to the congregation so they can better sing songs and responses throughout the Mass. Through word and action, the cantor strives to draw the community towards a more participatory and prayerful liturgy.
- One Mass every 3 weeks, arriving early to warm up (Mass times are based on cantor preferences.)
- Attendance at formation meetings 3-4 times annually
- Independent practice to prepare well for assigned Masses
- A strong, pleasant singing voice
- Good public speaking skills
- The ability to read music is preferable, but not mandatory
For more information, please contact our Director of Music.